2020 applications for the Municipal Innovation Award are now open!
MuniSight is the proud sponsor of the Municipal Innovation Award, which is awarded to a municipality or municipal government administration that has successfully implemented an innovative project in the past year. The award winner will be granted a $2000.00 charitable donation from MuniSight, to a charity in the municipality’s jurisdiction.
Applications are open to the following municipalities that meet the following criteria:
- Canadian municipal government
- Population no greater than 20,000 (as per most recent census)
- Project must be innovative in nature
- Fully implemented no longer than 12 months
- Create a positive impact within the community
The judges of this award define innovation as the following:
“A new method that yields a positive outcome, that could not
otherwise be achieved by using traditional methods”
Potential examples of innovative projects include, but are not limited to:
• Application of a new technology
• Using data, and analysis, to improve operational processes
• Application of a new process
• Application of a new methodology
- Innovative nature of the project, as defined above
- What is the projects magnitude of impact?
- What is the projects scale of impact?
- Could awarding this project convince other municipalities to consider making similar improvements?
- Can this be implemented in other municipalities?
- Does this project provide a good template for administrations to learn from?
If you are interested in applying click here!
If your project is a finalist, we will reach out to you for a 30 minute interview to learn more about your project. The winner will be announced December 1, 2020.
To view the 2019 winning case study click here
To view the 2018 winning case study click here